Terms and Conditions
Following are a list of terms and conditions for renting with us. A downloadable PDF is available at the bottom of this page.
RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You can download a PDF of the terms and conditions here.
- CHECK-IN—Check-in is available after 4:00 pm and check-out is 9:00 am local time. If you need an earlier check-in or a later check-out, we can often accommodate you, but arrangements must be made prior to check-in. Also, you MUST provide your approximate check-in time. Self-check-in is available at 4pm local time.
- PASSPORTS—Every person in your group must show their passport or identity card prior to entering Casa Bonita. This is a requirement of the building, and everyone who enters must do this.
- RENTERS—Everyone who will be in the apartment must be registered prior to the start of the rental. You must email to the property manager each person’s: full name, country that issued their passport, sex, and age. ONLY THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE PRE-REGISTERED WILL BE ALLOWED TO SPEND THE NIGHT IN THE APARTMENT. No other overnight guests will be allowed into the unit without the property manager’s written permission. (If you are looking for a “vacation hookup,” this is not the right property for you.)
- PROSTITUTES—Prostitution is illegal in Panama in private residences. If someone is suspected of being a prostitute, that person will not be allowed into the building.
- SMOKING—This is a non-smoking unit. (Smoking is allowed ONLY outside of the Casa Bonita building). If we find evidence of smoking inside of the apartment, a $500 fine may be imposed to cover the cost of a deep cleaning.
- PETS—We love pets, but they are NOT permitted at any time without prior approval.
- PAYMENT – Reservations are only made with your advance payment.
- DAMAGE/SECURITY DEPOSIT – You are staying in a private residence...not a hotel. Please advise us if anything breaks, whether it is through normal wear and tear or an accident... just as you would if you were visiting a dear friend's home. To ensure there are no unexpected charges, please make sure the following provisions are met:
No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear. a) All debris, rubbish & discards are placed in garbage cans. b) Keys must be left on the kitchen counter and the door locked. c) Doors and windows closed. d) No linens are lost or damaged. e) Plumbing works normally.
- MAID SERVICE – While linens and towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Maid service can be scheduled for $50 per day when we have a maid available. This additional fee will include a thorough cleaning and laundry services. Please note that it can be difficult to schedule maid service during high season, as demand exceeds supply!
- PEARL CLUB –There is an extra fee to use the Pearl Club, payable directly to the club administration. It is a private club, and they reserve the right to change their fees at any time to help defray the extra maintenance costs. All owners and renters must pay this fee. The current price is $100 per week (+ tax) per apartment (for up to 2 people… children 15 and younger are included for no additional charge), or $200 (+ tax) per month for month-long renters. When using the Pearl Club pool, towels will be provided by the Pearl Club, however these towels must be kept at the Pearl Club. If the towels are brought back to your Casa Bonita rental apartment, you could be charged $8 per towel.
- FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental fee money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in. WE DO NOT PERMIT GUESTS BEYOND THE NUMBER CONTRACTED FOR.
- INTERNET POLICY – A password will be provided to you when you arrive. Although we provide free Wi-Fi coverage on the premises, we do not provide tech support, nor are we experts. Should our service go down, we will make all efforts to get the service restored. However, no refunds are provided, as this is beyond our control.
- INCLUSIONS—Our rental price includes water, sheets and towels, basic household supplies to get you started, and normal electric usage for short-term rentals less than 90 days.
- LOCKS—We maintain a master key to all front doors, but we are not on property 100% of the time. If you lock yourself out during your stay—or if you lock yourself out of the lockable master bedroom—you will be responsible for any locksmith charges.
- ACTS OF GOD—Panama is a very reliable country when it comes to services such as water and electricity. Plus, it is one of the few countries in the world not prone to natural disasters. However, there are times when things are outside of our control. If any Act of God occurs during your stay—including but not limited to drought, flood, fire, electricity outage, pandemic, etc.—we cannot refund you for any inconvenience. If your rental apartment is not livable, then we will help you find another comparable rental apartment.
- RULES AND REGULATIONS OF PH CASA BONITA—A copy of the rulebook for the condo association is available online at www.CasaBonitaForRenters.com. In addition, a QR code will be given to you at check-in in the renter’s handbook. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with these common-sense rules that all residents and renters must follow. If you break any of the rules, you will be responsible for any fines associated with the infraction. If there are any questions about any of the rules, please contact one of our staff.
- CANCELLATION POLICY—Unlike hotels with many rooms, a cancellation affects us severely. Please make sure you familiarize yourself with the cancellation policy for this apartment.
You can download a PDF of the terms and conditions here.